If you have already been provided with a PIN document and you have set up your Online access account you can log in at https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/account/login.
If you have been provided with a PIN document and have NOT set up your Online accesss account click here on follow the on screen prompts.
Request Access to Online Services
We can now offer you access to the following online services:
- Book and Cancel appointments
- Request repeat prescriptions
- Access your detailed coded medical record
If you would like to use any of these services please do the following:
- Download and read the information leaflet
- Complete the application form
- Bring the application form to the surgery along with original copies of one of the documents from list one and one of the documents from list two; we need this to confirm your identity.
If you are unable to provide us with these identity documents, we may be able to check your identity by asking somone at the practice to 'Vouch' for you or 'Vouching' by asking you questions about your record. Please ask at reception for more information about this.
- Current UK (Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Irish) passport or EU/other nationalities passport
- Passports of non-EU nationals, containing UK stamps, a visa or a UK residence permit showing the immigration status of the holder in the UK
- A current UK (or EU/other nationalities) photo-card driving licence
- A national ID card and/or other valid documentation relating to immigration status and permission to work
- A recent utility bill (gas, electricity or phone) or a certificate from a supplier of utilities confirming the arrangement to pay for the services on pre-payment terms (note: mobile telephone bills are not accepted as they can be sent to different addresses). Utility bills in joint names are permissible
- Local authority tax bill - valid for the current year
- Current UK photo-card or old-style driving licence (if not already presented as a personal ID document)
- Bank, building society or credit union statement or passbook - containing current address
- Most recent mortgage statement - from a recognised lender
- Current local council rent card or tenancy agreement
- Current benefit book or card or original notification letter from Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) - confirming the rights to benefit
- Confirmation from an electoral register search - that a person of that name lives at the claimed address
- Court order
Reset your password
If you have set up your Online access account, you can reset your own password. Click this link and follow the prompts on screen.
If you have lost your PIN document before setting up your account, you will need to visit the surgery so that we can provide you with a new PIN document. Remember to bring your idenficiation documents with you.