Electronic Prescription Service
A new way to get your medicines and appliances
We are now able to send your prescription using the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS).
This means that most of our patients will be able to put in a request for their prescription and then collect their medicines directly from their preferred pharmacy without needing to collect a prescription from the surgery.
How will you benefit?
You will no longer need to come to the surgery to collect your prescription, you may not have to wait as long when collecting your prescription from the pharmacy and there is less chance of losing your prescription.
This service will suit patients that:
- have a stable condition and don’t want to come to the surgery every time to collect a repeat prescription
- collect their medicines from the same place most of the time
- use a prescription collection service now.
This service may not suit you.
If you only get prescriptions occasionally or if you need to pick up your medicines from different places, you may not benefit from the Electronic Prescription Service.
How can you use EPS?
You need to choose a place for us to electronically send your prescription to. This is called ‘nomination’. Your pharmacist can update this for you when you collect your prescription. We may also ask you for your ‘nomination’ if we are giving you a prescription.
Change your ‘nomination’ at any time.
If you want to change or cancel your nomination, or do not want us to send your prescription electronically please speak to any pharmacist that offers EPS, or tell us before we prepare your prescription.
For more information…
- If you have access to the internet, please visit www.hscic.gov.uk/epspatients
- Next time you collect your prescription ask your pharmacist.
- Next time you request your prescription ask one of our receptionists.